Location: Corporate Office (Oahu)
Job Type: Full-Time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates technical flat sketches using Illustrator for all new styles using designer’s hand sketches.
- Creates individual CADs and Merchandising CAD’s for each print/collection using Illustrator and Photoshop. Maintains seasonal overview boards and files.
- Creates and maintains Tech Packs; communicates with overseas vendors and pattern makers to work on garments based on technical sketches, specs, and construction details throughout each stage of development
- Participates in strike-off and lab dip reviews; emails comments to vendors and makes sure info is updated in tech packs
- Creates and maintains line charts, product knowledge information, NuOrder wholesale inventory with required information for new items, and assists with creating and maintaining minimums and sample charts.
- Assists Women’s Sales Director with sales needs including creating CADs, Fabric Print Art Files, and Style Photo requests.
- Assigns proto numbers for new styles. Maintains proto number chart updating with style numbers once they are created.
- Creates Keeps Files for all prints in each collection for Art and Merchandising department’s reference.
- Dispatches patterns & tech packs for overseas production with detailed muslin/sew-by samples. Sends follow-up emails to check status.
- Works with patternmakers to create grading requests for Production Department once pattern is finalized. Makes sure overseas and local vendors are given graded production specs at time of production.
- Creates sample requests when extra samples are needed for fitting, photo-shoot, or sales purposes
- Creates and Issues Sample PO’s & communicates with sample coordinator and overseas vendors to ensure timely delivery of samples.
- Measures all garments at each stage, (e.g., test sample, proto, Salesman Samples, Pre-Production Samples) and conducts top of production sample check.
- Assists in fittings and maintains highly detailed records of garment fit/sewing issues on Tech Pack and updates and relays information as needed to overseas vendors and production dept.
- Keeps track, maintains & organizes strike-offs cabinet, Pre-Production/Top of Production sample cabinet and sample bins.
- Selects and ensures completed requirements for trim colors and creates trims sheet for local Production department to follow based on appearance and preference. Obtains any new trims info for development. Sources and orders special trim samples in small quantity for sample use (I.E. Pom-Poms, Tassels, etc.).
- Monitors and supervises overseas garment bulk production processes; ensures everything is submitted in a timely manner from factories to avoid delay in production. This includes bulk fabric swatches, PP and TOP samples.
- Communicates all style descriptions/updates/changes in each season to Graphic and Merchandising departments for Line Charts and Line Sheets.
- Assists Product Development Manager and VP/Creative Director with events (i.e., line presentations, fashion shows, photo shoots, and special events) by ensuring all items and details are collected and taken care of.
- Upkeeps TR Women’s vintage garment Archives including photo, item number, label, bin number and places into photo album.
- Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary. Contributes positively to team dynamic and assists in problem solving when necessary.
- An understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the Tori Richard® brand and aesthetic.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel, Design, or Merchandising or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in apparel, design, and/or merchandising
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, patternmaking, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrications, and trims.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, Adobe applications (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to create strong working relationships with cross functional team members (Merchandising, Art, Production, Retail, and Graphics) through communication and problem solving.
- The fashion industry is seasonal, often requiring additional hours during peak periods.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance